Introduction of ST. TEREZA MEDICAL UNIVERSITY
The medical school was founded by its Chancellor and Executive Dean, Thomas M. Uhrin, of Latrobe, Pennsylvania, where it also had offices. In St. Kitts Uhrin represented himself as holding an M.D. degree, but he had been terminated in 2004 by the International University of the Health Sciences in St. Kitts for misrepresenting his academic credentials. In 1999 he had resigned as Medical Director of a clinic in Greensburg, Pennsylvania, after admitting that he had not completed medical training and was not licensed as a medical doctor. Uhrin's credentials became the subject of investigations by government ministries.
Of the initial class of 17 students, 15 withdrew amid allegations of verbal abuse, unsafe learning conditions, and improper treatment of cadavers. As of the fall term ending December 2006, STMU had approximately one dozen students. In early 2007, the school claimed to have approximately 30 students enrolled. At the time of its closure, it had eight or ten students.
STMU was in an academic partnership with Warnborough College for automatic admission of holders of Warnborough College (UK) Pre-Medical diplomas and issuance of dual degrees with Warnborough College (IE). The Oregon Office of Degree Authorization states that Warnborough and STMU were operated jointly.
In May 2009, the Institute of Technological Studies announced that it had formed a partnership to open a branch campus of STMU in Colombo, Sri Lanka, beginning in June 2009, with approximately 75 students, for which STMU claimed to have government approval. The closure of STMU ended these plans and other plans for expansion into Italy. "Health Education Associates Unlimited, Inc.", the investment firm promoted by Uhrin and STMU President and CEO Jeffrey T. Irwin to finance the Sri Lanka and Italy expansions, folded in 2009, leaving investors unpaid. A former US Attorney who examined the firm's agreements characterized it as fitting the characteristics of a Ponzi scheme; in December 2009, Uhrin denied that it was a plan to defraud investors.
Medical Council of India
World Health Organisation
Ministry of Science and Education, Armenia
Ministry of Health and Welfare, Armenia
Other international organisations
Roots Education provides two kinds of application methods for international candidates to study English medium MBBS programs at China’s universities. They can choose the quick and convenient online application system or the traditional offline application route-Apply via Email.
To complete the online application process, you need to follow the four main sections below:
1. Click ‘Apply Now’ button on this page and login, if didn’t have the account, register first.
2. Fill out the online application form with real and correct informaiton, including personal information, education background, language proficiency, etc.
If you’re not sure how to fill out the form, please check if there are any instructions behind the blank.
3. Upload the required application materials
Please upload photocopies of required application materials according to the university’s admissions criteria.
All the materials should be MS-Word (.doc), Adobe PDF (.pdf) documents, image files (.gif, .jpg), or compression files (.rar, .zip). Each file cannot exceed 8 MB (megabytes)
4. Make payment
Students who choose Western Union or Bank transfer as their payment method need to upload the payment receipt after you wire the money at the post office or bank.
5. Submit application
Please submit your application once the application fee is confirmed by Roots Education. To submit your application, please access My Roots Education-> My Applications by logging in Roots Education, click ‘Continue’ at ‘Application Status’ column, and go to the ‘Submit Application’ section. You will see a big ‘Submit’ button. Click the button and your application will be sent directly to the university.
Once you’ve submitted your application, please wait 2-4 weeks for the university to process your application. Once the university has made a decision, Roots Education will notify you by email. You can also track your application status by logging into your Roots Education account.
The steps for ‘Apply via Email’ are as follows:
1. Choose a MBBS program；
2. Click “Apply via Email” to download the fillable application form and documents;
3. Open forms in MS Word and fill in required information electronically, please make sure the information is accurate and correct to receive your JW 202 form;
4. Send us the completed form and other required application materials;
5. Pay the Application Fee and Roots Education Processing Fee, keep the receipt;
6. Send us the copy of receipt, and the school will process your application once receiving your bank receipt;
7. Check your application process via email periodically, and track with your admission status;
8. Wait for your admission notice from Roots Education within 5 workdays, and the JW 202 form will send to you in 2-6 weeks;
Email Address for MBBS Application: email@example.com