Introduction of University of Alberta
The University of Alberta has had the vision to be one of the world’s great universities for the public good since its inception. This university is dedicated to the promise made by founding president Henry Marshall Tory that “… knowledge shall not be the concern of scholars alone. The uplifting of the whole people shall be its final goal.”
This vision endures as the university strives to improve the lives of people in Alberta, across Canada, and around the world. -
The university motto, quaecumque vera, means “whatsoever things are true” and is taken from the Epistle of St. Paul to the Philippians, Chapter 4, Verse 8, in the Latin Vulgate version of the Bible.
Within a vibrant and supportive learning environment, the University of Alberta discovers, disseminates, and applies new knowledge through teaching and learning, research and creative activity, community involvement, and partnerships. The U of A gives a national and international voice to innovation in our province, taking a lead role in placing Canada at the global forefront.
Faculty of General Medicine (6 years)
Faculty of Dentistry (5 years)
MBBS , MD
Medical Council of India
World Health Organisation
Other international organisations
Roots Education provides two kinds of application methods for international candidates to study English medium MBBS programs at China’s universities. They can choose the quick and convenient online application system or the traditional offline application route-Apply via Email.
To complete the online application process, you need to follow the four main sections below:
1. Click ‘Apply Now’ button on this page and login, if didn’t have the account, register first.
2. Fill out the online application form with real and correct informaiton, including personal information, education background, language proficiency, etc.
If you’re not sure how to fill out the form, please check if there are any instructions behind the blank.
3. Upload the required application materials
Please upload photocopies of required application materials according to the university’s admissions criteria.
All the materials should be MS-Word (.doc), Adobe PDF (.pdf) documents, image files (.gif, .jpg), or compression files (.rar, .zip). Each file cannot exceed 8 MB (megabytes)
4. Make payment
Students who choose Western Union or Bank transfer as their payment method need to upload the payment receipt after you wire the money at the post office or bank.
5. Submit application
Please submit your application once the application fee is confirmed by Roots Education. To submit your application, please access My Roots Education-> My Applications by logging in Roots Education, click ‘Continue’ at ‘Application Status’ column, and go to the ‘Submit Application’ section. You will see a big ‘Submit’ button. Click the button and your application will be sent directly to the university.
Once you’ve submitted your application, please wait 2-4 weeks for the university to process your application. Once the university has made a decision, Roots Education will notify you by email. You can also track your application status by logging into your Roots Education account.
The steps for ‘Apply via Email’ are as follows:
1. Choose a MBBS program；
2. Click “Apply via Email” to download the fillable application form and documents;
3. Open forms in MS Word and fill in required information electronically, please make sure the information is accurate and correct to receive your JW 202 form;
4. Send us the completed form and other required application materials;
5. Pay the Application Fee and Roots Education Processing Fee, keep the receipt;
6. Send us the copy of receipt, and the school will process your application once receiving your bank receipt;
7. Check your application process via email periodically, and track with your admission status;
8. Wait for your admission notice from Roots Education within 5 workdays, and the JW 202 form will send to you in 2-6 weeks;
Email Address for MBBS Application: email@example.com