Introduction of University of Calgary
The University of Calgary (U of C or UCalgary) is a public research university located in Calgary, Alberta. UCalgary started in 1945 as the Calgary branch of the University of Alberta, founded in 1908, prior to being instituted into a separate university in 1966. It is composed of 14 faculties and over 85 research institutes and centres. The main campus is located in the northwest quadrant of the city near the Bow River and a smaller south campus is located in the city center.
The University of Calgary was ranked #1 in both Canada and North America by the QS World Universities Ranking (Top 50 under 50) and the Times Higher Education Rankings (Top 150 under 50) in 2016. Its enrollment is approximately 20,000 undergraduate and 5,000 graduate students with over 155,000 alumni in 152 countries, including James Gosling, OC who invented the Java computer language, former Prime Minister of Canada, Stephen Harper, Canadian astronaut Robert Thirsk, and current Mayor of Calgary, Naheed Nenshi.
This university is the birthplace of a number of important inventions, including the neurochip. and has a sponsored research revenue of $352 million, with total revenues exceeding $1.1 billion, which is one of the highest in Canada. Being in Calgary, with Canada's highest concentration of engineers and geoscientists, the university maintains ties to the petroleum and geoscience industry through the Department of Geosciences and the Schulich School of Engineering while also maintaining a history of environmental research and leadership, primarily through the Faculty of Environmental Design, the School of Public Policy and the Faculty of Law (see Harvey Locke, Janet Keeping, and NREEL program graduates such as Nickie Vlavianos and Magdalena Muir). In 2016, the University of Calgary was recognized as a world leader in research and student academics as one of approximately 70 prestigious universities, including Stanford and Oxford, to attend the World Class Universities Expo at Xi'an Jiaotong University, with which U of Calgary also has an exchange program.
Faculty of General Medicine (6 years)
Faculty of Dentistry (5 years)
MBBS , MD
Medical Council of India
World Health Organisation
Other international organisations
Roots Education provides two kinds of application methods for international candidates to study English medium MBBS programs at China’s universities. They can choose the quick and convenient online application system or the traditional offline application route-Apply via Email.
To complete the online application process, you need to follow the four main sections below:
1. Click ‘Apply Now’ button on this page and login, if didn’t have the account, register first.
2. Fill out the online application form with real and correct informaiton, including personal information, education background, language proficiency, etc.
If you’re not sure how to fill out the form, please check if there are any instructions behind the blank.
3. Upload the required application materials
Please upload photocopies of required application materials according to the university’s admissions criteria.
All the materials should be MS-Word (.doc), Adobe PDF (.pdf) documents, image files (.gif, .jpg), or compression files (.rar, .zip). Each file cannot exceed 8 MB (megabytes)
4. Make payment
Students who choose Western Union or Bank transfer as their payment method need to upload the payment receipt after you wire the money at the post office or bank.
5. Submit application
Please submit your application once the application fee is confirmed by Roots Education. To submit your application, please access My Roots Education-> My Applications by logging in Roots Education, click ‘Continue’ at ‘Application Status’ column, and go to the ‘Submit Application’ section. You will see a big ‘Submit’ button. Click the button and your application will be sent directly to the university.
Once you’ve submitted your application, please wait 2-4 weeks for the university to process your application. Once the university has made a decision, Roots Education will notify you by email. You can also track your application status by logging into your Roots Education account.
The steps for ‘Apply via Email’ are as follows:
1. Choose a MBBS program；
2. Click “Apply via Email” to download the fillable application form and documents;
3. Open forms in MS Word and fill in required information electronically, please make sure the information is accurate and correct to receive your JW 202 form;
4. Send us the completed form and other required application materials;
5. Pay the Application Fee and Roots Education Processing Fee, keep the receipt;
6. Send us the copy of receipt, and the school will process your application once receiving your bank receipt;
7. Check your application process via email periodically, and track with your admission status;
8. Wait for your admission notice from Roots Education within 5 workdays, and the JW 202 form will send to you in 2-6 weeks;
Email Address for MBBS Application: email@example.com