Kunming University of Science and Technology (KUST) is of long history and as the largest university in Yunnan Province and one of the well-known universities in China, KUST is a multidisciplinary university principally based on engineering and science, meanwhile combines technology, management, economics, arts, law and education in coordination. It offers bachelor, master, doctor degrees and also has post-doctoral station. Among more than 1600 universities in China, KUST tops in the first 100 and is entitled as Outstanding University in Undergraduate Education of China. In addition, KUST is also the only university in Yunnan province which has academician of China Academy. KUST has been entrusted to recruit Chinese Government Scholarship students.
KUST is composed of three campuses, Lianhua, Xinying and Bailong, are all in Kunming City, occupying about 120 hectares. A new campus is under construction in the Chenggong city, which occupies about 200 hectares. The university library has about 2.30 million volumes of books. KUST has founded 15 state-level、province-level engineering research centers and laboratories. KUST has established cooperative and exchange relationships with more than 70 renowned universities and international research institutions in over 30 countries.
KUST has advanced teaching facilities and a qualified and experienced academic staff team of more than 3600 that conducts both teaching and research. School of International Programs (SIP) is exclusively set up with the purpose of providing favorable services for international students. It is in charge of the enrollment, administration and all kinds of services as well as conduct teaching to international students. For various characteristics of international students, SIP prepares relevant courses and extra-curriculum activities elaborately, helping them find study partners to solve their problems in study and in life.
With almost 100 bachelor degree programs and 200 graduate programs, KUST welcomes students around the world to study here. Outstanding international students from all countries can apply for our Chinese Government Scholarship. Students from Greater Mekong Subregion (GMS) can apply for Yunnan Provincial Scholarship. In spite of that, KUST sets up International Students Scholarship to encourage all kinds of students to study at our University.
More than 60.000 students of KUST expect you to join in this big family. You can enjoy diverse cultures and life journey, and build up your friendship with people around the world in this beautiful “Spring City”.
A. Non-degree Programs
1. Chinese Language Programs
We offer language courses of half a year, 1 year and 2 years. Enrollments are available in March and September during each academic year. Students can enroll in Elementary Courses, Intermediate Courses, or Advanced Courses according to their level of Chinese proficiency. Small class or individual teaching is available upon request. Transfer students are also acceptable at any time during the semester.
B. Degree Programs
1. Bachelor’s Program on Chinese for Complete Beginners
There is a 4-year undergraduate Chinese program for beginners. The first two years is for general Chinese courses, and the second two years is for specialized courses. Enrollments are available in September, and the students who are transferred from other schools can be accepted.
2. Preparatory Classes and Bachelor’s Programs
This program is for the students who have difficulties in taking undergraduate courses directly. Enrollments are available in September during each academic year. The total duration of schooling is 1+4 years (1+5 years for Architecture and City Planning). The first year is for general Chinese courses, the second year is for advanced Chinese courses and a few specialized courses. Students can participate in the subject courses with Chinese students as sophomores.
3. Bachelor’s Program
The applicants should be high school graduates with an acceptable level of Chinese, and all the majors in our university are available. Normal duration of schooling is 4 or 5 years, starting in September each year.
4. Master’s Program
The applicant should have a Bachelor’s degree and an acceptable level of Chinese. Normal duration of schooling is 2.5 years, starting in February and September each year.
5. Doctor’s Program
The applicant should have a Master’s degree and an acceptable level of Chinese. Normal duration of schooling is 3-6 years, starting in February and September each year.
C. Tailor-made Programs for Group Students or Trainees
1. Short-term Chinese Training and Culture Understanding Programs
The programs are organized for groups of students (above 10) to meet the needs of foreign universities, educational institutions and other organizations. A flexible curriculum caters to the needs and requirement of the students, lasting from 2-10 weeks.
2. Professional Training Programs
We accept commissions of foreign universities, institutions and companies to organize all kinds of professional training courses and practice. We establish special courses in science, engineering, management, economics, etc. The program can start at any time during the year.
Qualification Awarded: Master’s Degree
Duration of Study: 3 years
Starting Date: Sep.01 2014
Application Deadline: Aug.20 2014
Tuition Fees : RMB 21,000 per year
Application Fee: 75 USD (Non-Refundable)
Teaching Language: Chinese
Chinese requirement: HSK Level 3
Academic Requirement: Bachelor’s Degree
Application Qualification and Requirement
|Students Categories||Qualification of Application||Documentsto be submitted|
|Chinese Programs Student &Short Term Group Students or Trainees||No requirement of educational background|
|Preparatory Classes Student||High school education or its equivalent is required.||Certificate of high school and academic record|
|Undergraduate Chinese Program for Complete Beginners||High school education or its equivalent is required.||Certificate of high school and academic record|
|Undergraduate Student||High school education or its equivalent is required.||A. Certificate of high school and academic recordB. Certificate of HSK Band Three or above|
|Master’s Candidate||An international applicant shall have a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent||A. Notarized Certificate of Bachelor Degree and academic recordB. Two academic recommendation letters from associate professors or senior scholars
C. Certificate of HSK Band Three or above
|Doctoral Candidate||An international applicant shall have a master’s degree or its equivalent||A. Notarized Certificate of Master Degree and academic recordB. Two academic recommendation letters from associate professors or senior scholars
C. Certificate of HSK Band Four or above
1. All applicants are required to submit the following documents: One passport-sized photo, Copy of applicant’s passport
2. The original and translated copy of academic certificate, diploma and academic record are required, and the translated copy should be the notarized one. The Certificate of HSK and recommendation letters should be the original ones.
3. Concerning the short-term training programs, if applicants need our help for visa, Application Form for Foreign Students and Copy of applicant’s passport are also required.
Make sure that you have prepared for the following documents before starting online application. You will be asked to upload attachments when applying.
|Undergraduate Program(1) Certificate of high school
(2) Academic record
(3) Certificate of HSK Band Three or above
(4) One passport-sized photo
(5) Photocopies of passport
Master’s Degree Program
(1) Two academic recommendation letters from associate professors or senior scholars
Doctoral Degree Programs
(1) Notarized Certificate of Master Degree
Preparatory Classes Student
(1) One passport-sized photo
Chinese Programs Student & Short Term Group Students or Trainees
(1) One passport-sized photo
Language students can apply at any time, and the other kinds of students should apply before the new semester begins.
|Students Apartment||4 beds/room||
Toilet, shower, phone,
Toilet, shower, phone,
|RMB 2800 /person/year|
International students can live outside of the campuses. The rent is about RMB 2000 per month for one suite around the campuses.
All the dining halls on campus are available for international students, about RMB 20-30 per person per day.
Physical examination fee: RMB 422
Comprehensive Medical Insurance of Foreign Students: RMB 600 /year
Residence permit: RMB 400 for one year
1. School of International Programs reserves all the rights in case of any changes of the above information.
2. KUST rewards a RMB 510 thousand Comprehensive Medical Insurance of Foreign Students in China to each of undergraduate foundation students, degree students, degree visiting students and language students who study 20 hours a week after they have paid tuition fee for at least one semester in lump sum payment.
Chinese Government Scholarship program of Kunming University of Science and Technology (KUST) is a unilateral full-scholarship set up by Chinese Government under the name of “Chinese Government Scholarship -Degree Study in Provinces & Autonomous Region Program”.
It is established by the Ministry of Education of China (hereinafter referred to as MOE) aiming to strengthen the education exchanges and cooperation between China and all countries around the world. The administrative departments of education in provinces and autonomous regions undertaking this program will manage and organize some Chinese higher institutions to carry out the enrollment. MOE entrusts China Scholarship Council (hereinafter referred to as CSC) to keep the enrollment record and carry out the routine management of this scholarship program. Department of Education of Yunnan Province entrusts KUST to recruit about 30 international students each year independently under the Chinese Government Scholarship.
Categories of Applicants and Duration of Scholarship
|Categories of Applicants||Duration of Scholarship|
|Master’s Degree Students||2-3 academic years|
|Doctoral Degree Students||3-4 academic years|
1. The instruction language should be Chinese. Applicants are required to take one-year Chinese language course prior to the academic study if their Chinese is not qualified. Only by passing the examinations after the Chinese language course, could they start their academic studies.
2. Scholarship students should complete their study in China within the due time. Scholarship duration specified in the admission notice cannot be extended in principle.
3. The scholarship quota is only for academic year 2011/2012, and it cannot span two academics years.
The applicants shall send all the application materials to International Student Admission Office, School of International programs, KUST before March 10, 2011. Applicants may refer to KUST websites or CSC website for details.
Creteria and Eligibility
1. Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens and in good health.
2. Applicants must not be university students in Chinese universities at the time of application.
3. Education background and age limit:
- Applicants for master’s degree studies must have bachelor’s degree and be under the age of 35.
- Applicants for doctoral degree studies must have master’s degree and be under the age of 40.
Values of Scholarship
- Exempt from registration fee, tuition fee, fee for laboratory experiment, fee for internship, and fee for basic learning materials, free accommodation on campus;
- Living allowance;
- One-off settlement subsidy after registration;
- Fee for outpatient medical service, Comprehensive Medical Insurance and Benefit Plan for International Students in China.
Roots Education provides two kinds of application methods for international candidates to study English medium MBBS programs at China’s universities. They can choose the quick and convenient online application system or the traditional offline application route-Apply via Email.
To complete the online application process, you need to follow the four main sections below:
1. Click ‘Apply Now’ button on this page and login, if didn’t have the account, register first.
2. Fill out the online application form with real and correct informaiton, including personal information, education background, language proficiency, etc.
If you’re not sure how to fill out the form, please check if there are any instructions behind the blank.
3. Upload the required application materials
Please upload photocopies of required application materials according to the university’s admissions criteria.
All the materials should be MS-Word (.doc), Adobe PDF (.pdf) documents, image files (.gif, .jpg), or compression files (.rar, .zip). Each file cannot exceed 8 MB (megabytes)
4. Make payment
Students who choose Western Union or Bank transfer as their payment method need to upload the payment receipt after you wire the money at the post office or bank.
5. Submit application
Please submit your application once the application fee is confirmed by Roots Education. To submit your application, please access My Roots Education-> My Applications by logging in Roots Education, click ‘Continue’ at ‘Application Status’ column, and go to the ‘Submit Application’ section. You will see a big ‘Submit’ button. Click the button and your application will be sent directly to the university.
Once you’ve submitted your application, please wait 2-4 weeks for the university to process your application. Once the university has made a decision, Roots Education will notify you by email. You can also track your application status by logging into your Roots Education account.
The steps for ‘Apply via Email’ are as follows:
1. Choose a MBBS program；
2. Click “Apply via Email” to download the fillable application form and documents;
3. Open forms in MS Word and fill in required information electronically, please make sure the information is accurate and correct to receive your JW 202 form;
4. Send us the completed form and other required application materials;
5. Pay the Application Fee and Roots Education Processing Fee, keep the receipt;
6. Send us the copy of receipt, and the school will process your application once receiving your bank receipt;
7. Check your application process via email periodically, and track with your admission status;
8. Wait for your admission notice from Roots Education within 5 workdays, and the JW 202 form will send to you in 2-6 weeks;
Email Address for MBBS Application: firstname.lastname@example.org