Soochow University has been a private university since 1900, the oldest private university of the nation. The university provides high quality education that prepares students to make significant contributions to the nation. There are now 5 schools and 23 departments. The Schools of Arts, Science, and Foreign Languages and Cultures are located at scenic Waishuangshi near the National Palace Museum. The Schools of Law, Business and the Extension School are located at the downtown campus in the Chung Cheng District, the political and commercial center of Taipei, where professionals in business and law are easily accessible. Soochow University may be small, yet as a full-fledged university, it is distinguished in content and quality.
Soochow University is on the cultural axis of Taipei City. Near the National Palace Museum, among lush green hills and a clear stream flowing by, the Waishuanghsi Campus presents a spectacular view and offers the students a superior study environment. On this campus are the School of Arts & Social Sciences, the School of Foreign Languages and Cultures, and the School of Science.
The School of Law, the School of Business and the Extension School are on the Downtown Campus, in the administrative and commercial center of Taipei. Due to the convenience of transportation, professionals are easily accessible there, and the faculty and students can utilize in their academic work the rich resources offered by adjacent administrative and commercial institutions and libraries. Transportation between the two campuses is convenient. Both campuses have their own unique cultural and academic resources and distinctive environments.
The curriculum planning shall include the following three parts:
(1) Chinese culture and natural science courses. In order to facilitate their learning and life in China and contact with patients in their medical practice, the Chinese language shall be a compulsory course during the whole undergraduate medical program in English for international students in China.
(2) Basic medical sciences, behavioral science, humanities, social science and medical ethics, preventive medicine and clinical medicine. It is also required to pass the examinations of these courses respectively.
(3) Internship. The institutions shall meticulously organize the reasonable arrangement of the internship. The duration of the internship is one year (at least 48 weeks).
Chinese, Medical Chinese, Survey of China, Advanced Mathematics, Physiology, Biochemistry, Regional Anatomy, Pathology, Medical Microbiology, Medical Immunology, Medical Parasitology, Pathophysiology, Basic and Clinical pharmacology, Diagnostics, General Surgery, Radiology, Traditional Chinese Medicine, Oncology, Internal Medicine, Surgery, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Infectious Diseases, Ophthalmology, etc.
Application Requirements and Materials
1. The student must have graduated from a senior high school.
2. The average score of examinations in high school was more than 70%.
3. The student is able to pursue the study in English and is ready to learn Chinese.
4. The student had good performance during high school study and has good adaptive capacity.
5. The student is able to bear all the costs of studying (tuition fees, accommodation, living expenses, etc.) by himself/herself.
6. The student has a good health condition.
1. Photocopy of valid passport
2. Passport photo
3. High school academic transcript
4. High school graduate certificate
Internship and Career
After 5 years of course study, students need to take one year of internship in the hospital. The medical college has 14 affiliated hospitals and 61 teaching hospitals, distributed in Jiangsu, Zhejiang, Shanghai and Beijing.
After graduation and obtaining MBBS Degree, the graduates can apply to take the medical licensing examination in the medical council in order to get registered and practice medicine. According to the regulations in different countries, the students may need to do the degree accreditation first. A MBBS degree holder can find jobs in government as well as private hospitals, nursing homes and other health facilities. Except this, one can also start his own clinic or pursue study for master’s degree.
Tuition Fee: 32, 500 RMB/Year
Accommodation Fee: 4000-5000RMB/Year
Application Fee: USD 65
Residence Permit Application Fee: RMB800
Books Fee: 800RMB/Year
Sterile Gown & stethoscope: RMB150
Cost of Living: 800-1200 RMB/month
Insurance Fee: 1000 RMB for 4 years
In Total: 49,950~55,750 RMB/Year
Students in this program can apply for Jiangsu Province Government Jasmine Scholarship.
MBBS degree: On completing the requirements of the teaching program and passing the graduation examinations successfully, international medical undergraduates will be granted a graduation certificate and conferred a medical degree by SUDA, if they meet the degree regulations of the university. The English copy of the degree will state MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery).
Note: The planning enrollment quota of spring semester is 35. If the number of students is less than 35, the admitted students will be enrolled in fall semester.
Roots Education provides two kinds of application methods for international candidates to study English medium MBBS programs at China’s universities. They can choose the quick and convenient online application system or the traditional offline application route-Apply via Email.
To complete the online application process, you need to follow the four main sections below:
1. Click ‘Apply Now’ button on this page and login, if didn’t have the account, register first.
2. Fill out the online application form with real and correct informaiton, including personal information, education background, language proficiency, etc.
If you’re not sure how to fill out the form, please check if there are any instructions behind the blank.
3. Upload the required application materials
Please upload photocopies of required application materials according to the university’s admissions criteria.
All the materials should be MS-Word (.doc), Adobe PDF (.pdf) documents, image files (.gif, .jpg), or compression files (.rar, .zip). Each file cannot exceed 8 MB (megabytes)
4. Make payment
Students who choose Western Union or Bank transfer as their payment method need to upload the payment receipt after you wire the money at the post office or bank.
5. Submit application
Please submit your application once the application fee is confirmed by Roots Education. To submit your application, please access My Roots Education-> My Applications by logging in Roots Education, click ‘Continue’ at ‘Application Status’ column, and go to the ‘Submit Application’ section. You will see a big ‘Submit’ button. Click the button and your application will be sent directly to the university.
Once you’ve submitted your application, please wait 2-4 weeks for the university to process your application. Once the university has made a decision, Roots Education will notify you by email. You can also track your application status by logging into your Roots Education account.
The steps for ‘Apply via Email’ are as follows:
1. Choose a MBBS program；
2. Click “Apply via Email” to download the fillable application form and documents;
3. Open forms in MS Word and fill in required information electronically, please make sure the information is accurate and correct to receive your JW 202 form;
4. Send us the completed form and other required application materials;
5. Pay the Application Fee and Roots Education Processing Fee, keep the receipt;
6. Send us the copy of receipt, and the school will process your application once receiving your bank receipt;
7. Check your application process via email periodically, and track with your admission status;
8. Wait for your admission notice from Roots Education within 5 workdays, and the JW 202 form will send to you in 2-6 weeks;
Email Address for MBBS Application: email@example.com