The Medical School opened in 1970 as part of the QMC (Queen's Medical Centre) and was the first to be established in the UK in the 20th century. Major investments have been made to provide modern, high quality facilities.It is located adjacent to University Park, across the busy A52. The two campuses are linked by a pedestrian footbridge giving easy access to the University Park facilities.
Studying at the Medical School
The Medical School is used by many of our medicine and health sciences students (midwifery and nursing), and by those studying on our life sciences courses (biochemistry and neurosciences).
The Medical School also houses the Clinical Skills Centre, labs, lecture rooms, seminar rooms, a resource room, a dissection suite and the Greenfield Medical library.
This program consists of study of basic medicine, clinical medicine and preventive medicine and requires the students of 1-year clinical training. Students who pass the graduation exam (including exam on medical knowledge and exam on clinical skills) will be granted the bachelor’s degree of medicine. The program aims at producing clinicians who have sound professional integrity, solid ground of basic medicine and systematic knowledge of clinical medicine and have acquired basic clinical skills as well as the ability to deal with problems in clinical settings.
The students should complete 203.5 credits, among which premed pubic courses are 26.5 credits, basic medical courses 48.5 credits and clinical medical courses 54.5 credits. The clinical rotation makes 74 credits.
2. Non-criminal record
3. Non-Chinese citizen
4. Minimum with an educational background equal to high school graduation in China.
5. Language: valid TOEFL or IELTS scores– minimum 93 /237 / 580 for TOEFL, or 6.0 for IELTS, or certificates that can prove the applicant’s English language proficiency.
1. Photocopy of valid passport
2. Passport photo
3. High school academic transcript
4. High school graduate certificate
We support all postgraduates and early career research staff at The University of Nottingham.
Our support provision includes:
training and development opportunities
workshops and events
a research staff development conference
small-scale funding to support researcher development opportunities dedicated social and study spaces
Finding the right funding is essential for postgraduate students. We regularly promote funding for taught masters courses and research opportunities from a variety of different sources across all subject areas. We’ll help you navigate the complex process of securing funding from outside of the University, or help you find and apply for one of the many awards that we provide instead.
Roots Education provides two kinds of application methods for international candidates to study English medium MBBS programs at China’s universities. They can choose the quick and convenient online application system or the traditional offline application route-Apply via Email.
To complete the online application process, you need to follow the four main sections below:
1. Click ‘Apply Now’ button on this page and login, if didn’t have the account, register first.
2. Fill out the online application form with real and correct informaiton, including personal information, education background, language proficiency, etc.
If you’re not sure how to fill out the form, please check if there are any instructions behind the blank.
3. Upload the required application materials
Please upload photocopies of required application materials according to the university’s admissions criteria.
All the materials should be MS-Word (.doc), Adobe PDF (.pdf) documents, image files (.gif, .jpg), or compression files (.rar, .zip). Each file cannot exceed 8 MB (megabytes)
4. Make payment
Students who choose Western Union or Bank transfer as their payment method need to upload the payment receipt after you wire the money at the post office or bank.
5. Submit application
Please submit your application once the application fee is confirmed by Roots Education. To submit your application, please access My Roots Education-> My Applications by logging in Roots Education, click ‘Continue’ at ‘Application Status’ column, and go to the ‘Submit Application’ section. You will see a big ‘Submit’ button. Click the button and your application will be sent directly to the university.
Once you’ve submitted your application, please wait 2-4 weeks for the university to process your application. Once the university has made a decision, Roots Education will notify you by email. You can also track your application status by logging into your Roots Education account.
The steps for ‘Apply via Email’ are as follows:
1. Choose a MBBS program；
2. Click “Apply via Email” to download the fillable application form and documents;
3. Open forms in MS Word and fill in required information electronically, please make sure the information is accurate and correct to receive your JW 202 form;
4. Send us the completed form and other required application materials;
5. Pay the Application Fee and Roots Education Processing Fee, keep the receipt;
6. Send us the copy of receipt, and the school will process your application once receiving your bank receipt;
7. Check your application process via email periodically, and track with your admission status;
8. Wait for your admission notice from Roots Education within 5 workdays, and the JW 202 form will send to you in 2-6 weeks;
Email Address for MBBS Application: email@example.com