Study at York and you'll graduate with more than a qualification.
You'll be immersed in knowledge and opportunities that will encourage you to grow and succeed. You’ll grapple with big ideas and be encouraged to think differently by academics whose research is changing the world.
Choose from over 250 undergraduate courses in a wide range of subjects including arts and humanities, sciences and social sciences.
Our taught masters and research degrees are delivered by world-leading academics.
A member of the elite Russell Group of universities, we are a dynamic, research-intensive university committed to the development of life-saving discoveries and new technologies to tackle some of the most pressing global challenges.
2. Non-criminal record
3. Non-Chinese citizen
4. Minimum with an educational background equal to high school graduation in China.
5. Language: valid TOEFL or IELTS scores– minimum 93 /237 / 580 for TOEFL, or 6.0 for IELTS, or certificates that can prove the applicant’s English language proficiency.
1. Photocopy of valid passport
2. Passport photo
3. High school academic transcript
4. High school graduate certificate
Undergraduate tuition fees (BSc, BA etc.)
Postgraduate Masters degrees tuition fees (MSc, MA, PG Dip, PG Cert and MRes)
Postgraduate research degrees tuition fees (PhD, MPhil and MA/MSc by research)
We offer a number of scholarships for international students each year, awarded on a competitive basis.
Scholarships for overseas students
There are also a number of subject-based funding opportunities and scholarships for postgraduate study.
Masters degrees funding
Research degrees funding
In addition there are a number of external organisations that provide scholarships.
Other sources of funding
Moving to another country can be a daunting prospect, but with all of our accommodation located on or very near to our compact and safe campus, you’ll soon feel at home in York.
If you are paying overseas tuition fees, you're guaranteed University accommodation for each year of your course if you meet our guarantee criteria and apply by our deadline dates.
Find out more about room types, costs, our accommodation guarantee and how to apply for accommodation:
We offer a range of self-catered and catered accommodation options with ensuite and shared bathrooms available.
You will be a member of one of our nine colleges throughout your time here. As well as being your home if you choose to live on campus, your college is also a built-in community, helping you to make friends and settle into York and the UK.
Roots Education provides two kinds of application methods for international candidates to study English medium MBBS programs at China’s universities. They can choose the quick and convenient online application system or the traditional offline application route-Apply via Email.
To complete the online application process, you need to follow the four main sections below:
1. Click ‘Apply Now’ button on this page and login, if didn’t have the account, register first.
2. Fill out the online application form with real and correct informaiton, including personal information, education background, language proficiency, etc.
If you’re not sure how to fill out the form, please check if there are any instructions behind the blank.
3. Upload the required application materials
Please upload photocopies of required application materials according to the university’s admissions criteria.
All the materials should be MS-Word (.doc), Adobe PDF (.pdf) documents, image files (.gif, .jpg), or compression files (.rar, .zip). Each file cannot exceed 8 MB (megabytes)
4. Make payment
Students who choose Western Union or Bank transfer as their payment method need to upload the payment receipt after you wire the money at the post office or bank.
5. Submit application
Please submit your application once the application fee is confirmed by Roots Education. To submit your application, please access My Roots Education-> My Applications by logging in Roots Education, click ‘Continue’ at ‘Application Status’ column, and go to the ‘Submit Application’ section. You will see a big ‘Submit’ button. Click the button and your application will be sent directly to the university.
Once you’ve submitted your application, please wait 2-4 weeks for the university to process your application. Once the university has made a decision, Roots Education will notify you by email. You can also track your application status by logging into your Roots Education account.
The steps for ‘Apply via Email’ are as follows:
1. Choose a MBBS program；
2. Click “Apply via Email” to download the fillable application form and documents;
3. Open forms in MS Word and fill in required information electronically, please make sure the information is accurate and correct to receive your JW 202 form;
4. Send us the completed form and other required application materials;
5. Pay the Application Fee and Roots Education Processing Fee, keep the receipt;
6. Send us the copy of receipt, and the school will process your application once receiving your bank receipt;
7. Check your application process via email periodically, and track with your admission status;
8. Wait for your admission notice from Roots Education within 5 workdays, and the JW 202 form will send to you in 2-6 weeks;
Email Address for MBBS Application: email@example.com