Leicester Medical School university was founded almost a hundred years ago in the aftermath of the Great War. The men and women who built this new institution hoped that it would be not only a living memorial to the darkness of their recent past, but a beacon of hope for the future. Their aim was that sacrifices made in war should be commemorated through education and research that would change the world for the better.
Our values reflect our motto. To do justice to the hopes and the expectations of those on whose shoulders we now stand, we strive to make a difference in everything that we do.
Today our University is a lively, energetic and global community, in which dedicated and talented people are anticipating, working towards and helping to shape the future.
We are committed both to undertaking research that saves, improves and enriches lives, and to fostering a teaching and learning environment that transforms the prospects of our students and those they will go on to influence. Find out about some of our greatest discoveries.
We envision being a University which is open to talent, not privilege and accessible to everyone with the ability to benefit from higher education.
Students and staff are at the heart of our ambition and it is they that will help us deliver it. Our shared values both inspire and permeate everything
Our postgraduate courses will give you a fulfilling university experience that's rooted in a rich heritage of discovery and innovation. You'll have opportunities both within and outside your course that will help you grow academically, personally and professionally.
As a postgraduate student, you'll have access to a wide range of facilities, including the Graduate Reading Room in the David Wilson Library and Brookfield, our Postgraduate Teaching Centre. On top of this you'll be able to use our extensive IT facilities and Print and Design Services.
Should you need it, there is always support on hand at the University of Leicester. You can make use of all of the University's support services, including the Student Welfare Service, the Student Counselling Service, the Mental Wellbeing Service and the AccessAbility Centre.
2. Non-criminal record
3. Non-Chinese citizen
4. Minimum with an educational background equal to high school graduation in China.
5. Language: valid TOEFL or IELTS scores– minimum 93 /237 / 580 for TOEFL, or 6.0 for IELTS, or certificates that can prove the applicant’s English language proficiency.
1. Photocopy of valid passport
2. Passport photo
3. High school academic transcript
4. High school graduate certificate
This postgraduate degree will demonstrate how a range of scientific disciplines can be used to structure inquiry and develop the evidence base for applied health research. You will receive a sound grounding in research methods and research practice, while developing key transferable skills in research practice, critical appraisal, academic writing, project management, communication and presentation of research, and research management, policy, governance and ethics.
We have several different ways that you can pay so that you can choose the most convenient one for you. In this section you can also find our more about how to pay if you have a sponsor, as well as when to pay your tuition and accommodation fees.
We offer a range of scholarships because we are committed to attracting the brightest and the best students to Leicester regardless of background. At Leicester we do not want fears about finance to stop prospective students from considering further study.
The tuition fee for each course will be on the individual course pages. This section gives you an overview of different fee types and where you can find additional support.
Postgraduate loans are due to be introduced in August 2016 by Student Finance England. Loans will be available to UK and EU students. As more information becomes available about postgraduate loans, we will update this page.
Roots Education provides two kinds of application methods for international candidates to study English medium MBBS programs at China’s universities. They can choose the quick and convenient online application system or the traditional offline application route-Apply via Email.
To complete the online application process, you need to follow the four main sections below:
1. Click ‘Apply Now’ button on this page and login, if didn’t have the account, register first.
2. Fill out the online application form with real and correct informaiton, including personal information, education background, language proficiency, etc.
If you’re not sure how to fill out the form, please check if there are any instructions behind the blank.
3. Upload the required application materials
Please upload photocopies of required application materials according to the university’s admissions criteria.
All the materials should be MS-Word (.doc), Adobe PDF (.pdf) documents, image files (.gif, .jpg), or compression files (.rar, .zip). Each file cannot exceed 8 MB (megabytes)
4. Make payment
Students who choose Western Union or Bank transfer as their payment method need to upload the payment receipt after you wire the money at the post office or bank.
5. Submit application
Please submit your application once the application fee is confirmed by Roots Education. To submit your application, please access My Roots Education-> My Applications by logging in Roots Education, click ‘Continue’ at ‘Application Status’ column, and go to the ‘Submit Application’ section. You will see a big ‘Submit’ button. Click the button and your application will be sent directly to the university.
Once you’ve submitted your application, please wait 2-4 weeks for the university to process your application. Once the university has made a decision, Roots Education will notify you by email. You can also track your application status by logging into your Roots Education account.
The steps for ‘Apply via Email’ are as follows:
1. Choose a MBBS program；
2. Click “Apply via Email” to download the fillable application form and documents;
3. Open forms in MS Word and fill in required information electronically, please make sure the information is accurate and correct to receive your JW 202 form;
4. Send us the completed form and other required application materials;
5. Pay the Application Fee and Roots Education Processing Fee, keep the receipt;
6. Send us the copy of receipt, and the school will process your application once receiving your bank receipt;
7. Check your application process via email periodically, and track with your admission status;
8. Wait for your admission notice from Roots Education within 5 workdays, and the JW 202 form will send to you in 2-6 weeks;
Email Address for MBBS Application: firstname.lastname@example.org