WELCOME TO IVANO FRANKIVSK NATIONAL MEDICAL UNIVERSITY
Ivano is one of the beautiful cities of Ukraine, an important scientific and cultural center. State establishment Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University [IFNMU] is a modern institution of higher education with rich traditions.
Establishment of Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University was founded in the year of 1945. Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University is one of the oldest and leading medical University of Ukraine from last 68 years and former USSR. High level of qualification allows graduates of the University to work successfully in many countries of the world, to achieve great success in science and practical public health services. Among them are scientists, heads of public health service, honored doctors.
Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University provides high quality education to students who are looking for quality education at an affordable course fees. There are Thirteen faculties and a preparatory department. The Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University trains specialists along the following education / qualification levels: Under graduate, Junior specialists, specialists, Masters for the following specialties:
General Medicine (Doctor of Medicine degree) – 6 years course
Dentistry (Doctor of Dentistry degree) – 5 year course
Pediatrics (Doctor of Medicine degree) – 6 year course
Pharmacy (Bachelor of Pharmacy degree) – 5 year course
Nursing (RN) – 3 / 4 year course
Prosthodontics (MDS / Clinical Residency) – 2 year course
Educational and Qualification levels:
Specialist (MD, MDD)
Master of Medicine (Pharmacy)
Master and PhD courses
Specialization and Post-DiplomaTraining for Doctors
Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University prepares specialists in 185 medical specialities. Good facilities, high qualification level of the teaching staff, scientific and methodical provision led Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University is one of the leading places in the country.
Teaching Staff 443 teachers, among them 77 PhDs, 264 candidates for PhD and 19 Academicians, including five Honored Science and Technique Workers of Ukraine, one Honored Worker of public education of Ukraine, two Honored doctors of Ukraine, two Laureates of State prize of Ukraine carry out pedagogical, scientific, medical and educational work at 48 departments. Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University has very good facilities
Admission and Visa Process
Letter of Invitation:
For Admission to the University and issue of visa for travel to Ukraine, the student will first send their high school mark sheet and a copy of the passport with name, passport number and date of birth of student.
On this basis a “Letter of Invitation” will be issued. This is a legal document on the basis of which a student can apply for a visa from the Embassy of Ukraine. A payment is to be made for the letter of invitation.
Documents for Visa:
Other Documents needed for the Visa are:
Copy of the Document of Education with the list of studied courses (subjects) and received grades (points or marks) in original
A copy of the Certificate of Birth in original
Health Certificate by an authorized clinic issued not more than two month before the date of entry to Ukraine
Document showing the absence of HIV infection, unless otherwise provided by international agreements of Ukraine
Insurance policy for emergency medical care (except for foreigners having arrived from countries with which agreements on free provision of emergency medical care concluded)
12 Passport sized photos
Issue of Visa by Embassy:
Documents are to be certified, legalized and translated to Ukrainian before submission to the Embassy of Ukraine covering the student’s home country. The Embassy may hold a personal interview of the student to establish credentials; before issue of visa. Student Visas are issued from Mid-August till mid-November. The student has to cross the border into Ukraine before 15th of November. After this date student entry is by special permission only given on a case to case basis.
Arrival in Ukraine:
First year student must enter Ukraine before the issued visa expires and before 15th of November with complete documents and translations. They must inform the University about date of travel; port of entry; name, number and arrival time of the flight. The University informs Immigration Department of arrival of the student. Failure to inform may result in the deportation by immigration.
The student goes to the University and presents the original documents. An interview-test is held before the student is admitted. A contract is signed between the student and University with terms and fees to be paid. Tuition fees are the same through the period of education, which is stated in the contract. The University will file for annual visa, issue a student identity card and complete police / foreigners registration.
Students sign a separate annual contract for Hostel. Admission to University does not guarantee room in the Hostel. Beds are allocated on the basis of availability. Students should join early in the session to ensure hostel accommodation, as it is filled up quickly. Hostel fees are paid once in the beginning of the year.
Living outside the Hostel:
Students can choose to live in private flats. Students must inform the University of their address for intimation to Foreigners Registration Office.
The student has to purchase an annual medical insurance at time of Admission. This has to be done each year.
Fees once paid to University cannot be refunded.
The student must inform and consult with the University before traveling out of Ukraine to enable the University to arrange for the relevant re-entry visa.
There are no scholarships for International Students. All international students have to pay full fees as laid down by the Law in Ukraine.
Ivano-Frankivsk National Medical University has authorized representatives in various countries for admission and travel assistance. Students should contact the Authorized Representatives who are experienced in this field for their visa, documentation & admission process.
<p><strong>Hostel & Accommodation</strong></p>
<p>Ivano-Frankivsk National Medical University possesses an excellent system of hostel accommodation. It owns three hostel buildings with capacity of over 2000 students.</p>
<p>Rooms are fully furnished and consist of an apartment like system with a two bed and a three bed room with an attached toilet. On each floor there is a common hall and a common kitchen for cooking. On the ground floor there is a gym cum recreation center including a table tennis table.</p>
<p>Hostel rooms come furnished with beds, mattress, pillows, blanket, two side tables, one cupboard per room and one table and chair per room. Occupants get a weekly change of bed-sheet and pillow case. Hot water is available in designated hours. All rooms are centrally heated. A plumber, carpenter and electrician are available on call.</p>
<p>Admission to the Hostel is competitive. It is based on first come-first serve and subject to availability. Students residing in the hostel sign an annual contract and are expected to follow the rules of the hostel; which include closing of the hostel gate at 11.00 pm, registering all visitors to the hostel, not making noise and showing consideration to fellow residents in the hostel.</p>
<p>Hostel fees are @ US $ 750 per annum for the batch commencing September 2012.<br>
A contract is signed, between the Student and the University and this is renewed every year. Hostel fees once paid, are not refundable.</p>
<p>The main hostel is located about 2 kilometers from the Deans’s office and the City center. Many buses cover this distance or it is a pleasant 20-25 minute walk. Supermarkets and grocery shops are within 2-3 minutes walk from the hostel.</p>
<p>Off campus housing / flats are available to students who can rent rooms or flats in private apartments. These are at various prices ranging from $150 to 350 per month dependent on size and location of the flat. International Students who live outside the hostel are required to notify the Foreign Dean’s office in writing of their address so that the address changes is informed to the Foreigners Registration office as required under the laws of Ukraine</p>
Regulations on the Admission of Foreigners and Stateless Persons to the Institutions of Higher Education of Ukraine
I. General Provisions
1. This Regulations shall govern issues related to the training in Ukraine of experts for foreign states, and shall be obligatory for all educational institutions and scientific establishments regardless of their subordination and form of ownership.
2. This Regulations shall not be applied to foreigners permanently residing on the territory of Ukraine, who have the right to education equally with citizens of Ukraine.
3. Foreigners shall get education on the basis of a full-time training, unless otherwise provided for by international agreements of Ukraine.
4. Accredited educational and scientific institutions, which have a license to carry out corresponding educational activities, shall admit foreigners.
5. Educational and scientific institutions shall admit foreigners without prejudice to race, color of skin, political, religious and other views, gender, ethnic and social origin, status, place of residence, language and other factors.
II. Grounds for Admission
6. Foreigners shall be admitted on the grounds of:
a. international agreements of Ukraine;
b. national programs;
c. agreements concluded by educational institutions with legal and physical persons.
III. Types of Training
7. Foreigners may get education in Ukraine at:
a. technical and specialized schools and colleges;
b. higher educational institutions;
c. higher educational institutions and scientific establishments providing postgraduate studies and opportunity to take the degree of doctor;
d. postgraduate educational institutions.
IV. Conditions of Admission
8. Foreigners having complete general secondary education shall be admitted to higher educational institutions of Ukraine.
9. Foreigners, who studied at higher educational institutions of foreign countries, shall be admitted for further obtaining of higher education in Ukraine on the basis of documents certifying the completed educational-qualification level. Persons, who have no education degree, shall be admitted pursuant to the requirements of these Regulations.
10. Foreigners, who have complete higher education and expressed their willingness and skills for scientific and research work shall be admitted to the postgraduate courses of higher educational and scientific institutions.
11. Foreigners, who have complete higher education, shall be admitted to probation.
V. Requirements to the State of Health
12. Foreigners, who have no medical contraindications to live in the climate conditions of Ukraine and study according to the chosen specialty, shall be admitted to the higher educational institutions of Ukraine.
VI. List of Documents and Their Submission Procedure
13. Foreigners-candidates for obtaining education in Ukraine shall submit the following documents:
a. the questionnaire of due form;
b. a copy of the document of education with the list of studied courses (subjects) and received grades (points);
c. the document evidencing the absence of HIV-infection, unless otherwise provided by international agreements of Ukraine;
d. the medical certificate of the state of health verified by an official health care authority of the country, the foreigner has come from, and issued at least two months prior to the entrance into Ukraine for education;
e. the insurance policy for emergency medical care (except for foreigners having arrived from countries, with which agreements on free provision of emergency medical care concluded);
f. a copy of the certificate of birth;
g. 6 photographs of 6×4 cm. size.
14. Persons, who enter the postgraduate studies or the institutions of doctoral candidacy, shall additionally submit the list of published research works specifying the place of publishing shall be certified by the head of the educational institution or organization at the place of employment. Postgraduates with no published works, shall submit research papers (reports) in the subject matter of the specialty selected by them.
When entering, the following documents shall be submitted additionally:
a. a comprehensive plan of dissertation for taking the scientific degree of doctor;
b. a copy of the diploma on awarding the scientific degree of the candidate of science.
15. Documents indicated in Articles 13 and 14 of these Regulations shall be in the Ukrainian, Russian or English languages, and documents indicated in paragraphs “b”, “c”, “d” and T of Article 13 and paragraph “b” of Article 14 shall, in addition, be certified pursuant to the legislation of the country of their issue and legalized pursuant to the established order, unless otherwise provided for by international agreements of Ukraine.
16. Documents indicated in Articles 13 and 14 of this Regulation issued to persons sent to studies pursuant to international agreements and national programs through the diplomatic representations of Ukraine or diplomatic representations of his/her country in Ukraine shall be forwarded to the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine by 30 June in order to be admitted within the current year to the studies for taking degrees of candidate or doctor of science, postgraduate courses, and by 30 May for all other forms of education, unless otherwise provided for by international agreements of Ukraine. Documents received after the deadline may be considered to make a decision regarding studies in the next year.
17. Persons, who arrive to study under agreements (contracts) concluded between educational institutions and legal or physical persons, shall submit documents listed in Articles of these Regulations directly to the educational institutions.
VII. Admission of Foreigners under International Agreements, National Programs and Agreements entered between Educational Institutions and Legal or Physical Persons
18. Admission of foreigners under international agreements, national programs, agreements between educational institutions and legal and physical persons shall be conducted pursuant to the Regulations “On Admission of Foreigners and Stateless Persons to Higher Educational Institutions” approved by the Resolution No. 1238 of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine dated 5 September 1998.
VIII. Terms and Conditions of Education and Material Security
19. All foreigners shall pay for their education in Ukraine, unless otherwise provided for by current Ukrainian legislation or international agreements of Ukraine.
20. Annual payment in the amount determined by the Resolution No. 136 of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine “On Education of Foreign Citizens in Ukraine” dated 26 February 1993 makes not less than:
a. Preparatory year -1000 USD
b. Basic course -1500 USD
c. Postgraduate course – 2500 USD
d. Probation – 300 USD per month
21. Foreigners, who study in Ukraine under international agreements or national programs, shall use classes, reading rooms and libraries, sports and culture complexes, shall be provided with scholarship and places in students’ dormitories on equal basis with Ukrainian students, unless otherwise provided for by respective agreements or programs.
22. Terms and conditions of education of other classes of foreigners shall be determined by agreements (contracts).
23. Educational institutions shall not bear any costs and shall not assume any other responsibility in connection with the stay in Ukraine of the families of foreign students.
24. Foreigners, who study on the basis of international agreements or national programs, shall be moved from one educational institution to another upon the end of an academic year pursuant to the order of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine, and other classes of foreigners — under written agreement between educational institutions.
IX. Preparatory year. Language Studies
25. Foreigners (except for those taking a degree of candidate or doctor of science, probationers and post-graduate students), who do not speak the Ukrainian language, or any other language of studies, shall be admitted to the preparatory faculties (departments) for foreigners of higher educational institutions for one year pursuant to the results of testing. At the request of foreigners, they may study at a preparatory faculty (department) during two years with the annual payment in amount determined by the Resolution No. 136 of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine “On Education of Foreign Citizens in Ukraine” dated 26 February 1993.
26. At the preparatory faculty (department) foreigners shall study the Ukrainian language, history of Ukraine, regional geography, mathematics, physics, chemistry, biology, geography and other subjects, depending on the profession they wish to master.
27. There are final examinations upon the end of the academic year. Persons, who successfully pass their final exams, shall receive a copy of the appropriate certificate. The original certificate of the persons, who studied on the basis of international agreements or national programs, together with personal records, shall be sent to the educational institution pursuant to the order of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine, and for other classes of foreigners – at the written request of the educational institution, and in the event of the continuation of studies at the same educational institution, such documents shall be left in the personal file of student. The place and educational institution, where a foreigner will study after the preparatory faculty, if such foreigner is admitted under international agreements or national programs, shall be determined by the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine and for other foreigners – under the terms and conditions of respective agreements (contracts).
28. Foreigners, who did not show skills and knowledge at the preparatory faculty required for further education, shall be sent down and returned to their native countries.
29. Foreigners, who are fluent in the Ukrainian language or any other language of studies, shall be admitted to get education under the results of written testing in language and chief subjects of complete general secondary education.
X. Education at Vocational Schools, Colleges and Higher Educational Institutions
30. The content and terms of education at vocational schools, colleges and higher educational institutions, as well as terms and conditions of giving appropriate qualification to foreigners are pursuant to current Ukrainian legislation.
XI. Education of Foreigners Having the Degree of Bachelor
31. The content and terms of education at higher educational institutions, as well as terms and conditions of giving appropriate qualification to foreigners, who have the degree of bachelor, shall be determined by the State standards of education, and be in consistence with the Regulations “On Organization of Educational Process at Higher Educational Institutions” as confirmed by the Order No. 161 of the Ministry of Education of Ukraine dated 2 June 1993.
XII. Training of Scientific-Pedagogical and Scientific Personnel through Studies for Taking Degrees of Candidate and Doctor of Science
32. Foreigners shall be admitted to the studies for taking degree of candidate or doctor of science at higher educational and scientific-research institutions for the preparation and defense of a thesis for taking the degree of candidate or doctor of science pursuant to the results of an interview.
33. Terms and conditions of the studies for taking degree of candidate or doctor of science, as well as the terms of training scientific-pedagogical and scientific-research specialists through the studies for taking degree of candidate or doctor of science are outlined by the “Regulations on Training Scientific-Pedagogical and Scientific-Research Specialists”, approved by the Resolution No.309 of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine dated 1 March 1999.
34. Foreigners, who wish to receive a new qualification and profession on the basis of the
qualification and profession previously received at educational institutions and experience of practicall work, to extend their professional knowledge and skills in their specialty and profession, shall be admitted to postgraduate educational institutions.
35. Foreigners, who arrive to probation for a period of one year, must speak fluent Ukrainian or the language of studies. Persons, who arrive to probation for a period of more than one year and do not know Ukrainian or the language of the studies, shall be provided with possibility to learn the language at the admitting educational institution within the period of education.
36. The content of education and the terms of studies, as well as the terms and conditions of the respective qualification to foreigners at postgraduate educational institutions shall be determined pursuant to current Ukrainian legislation.
XIV. Documents on Education
37. Foreigners, who completed the studies, defended the graduation thesis (paper), passed the state examinations pursuant to the requirements of the educational-professional program of training, shall be given, by the decision of the state commission, the respective educational degree (qualification), and the document on education in the form approved by the Resolution No. 1260 of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine “On Documents on Education and Academic Status” dated 12 November 1997 shall be issued to such foreigners.
38. Educational institutions stamp Apostil in the documents on education at the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine or legalize them at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine.
XV. Procedure of Making Foreigners Acquainted with the Regulations on the Admission of Foreigners and Stateless Persons to the Institutions of Higher Education of Ukraine”
39. Educational institutions shall be obligated to make foreign students acquainted with this Regulation.
40. Foreigners, who get education in Ukraine, shall confirm in writing their consent to observe the requirements of these Regulations.
The applicants hand in to the University Commission on Admission:
a. Application to the Rector’s name
b. Copy of the Certificate about education with the list of subjects studied and marks (points) obtained (translated into Ukrainian or English, attested in Ukrainian Embassy)
c. Copy of the Birth Certificate (translated into Ukrainian or English, attested in Ukrainian Embassy)
d. Certificate about the absence of HIV-infection
e. Medical Certificate on the health status from the leaving country and issued not late than 2 month before entering Ukraine for studies
f. 6 photo pictures, size 60×40 mm
g. Policy of the emergency medical help to the foreign citizens
This course is specially designed for the foreign students who do not have the necessary requirements for the undergraduate programs and also it helps to enable students to bridge the gap between school and University. The duration of the foundation course is one year.
This is a Ukrainian intensive program for students wishing to continue their studies at the Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University or any other University in Ukraine. The duration of the preparatory course is one year. Upon successful completion a diploma is awarded.
The Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University offers medical course in English Ukrainian and Russain language. The duration of the medical course is 6 years. The degree awarded is Doctor of Medicine (MD or MBBS).
The Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University offers dental course in English Ukrainian and Russian language. The duration of the dental course is 5 years. The degree awarded is Bachelor of dentistry (BDS).
The Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University offers pediatrics course in English Ukrainian and Russian language. The duration of the course is 6 years. The degree awarded is Doctor of Medicine (paediatrician).
The Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University offers dental orthopedic course in English Ukrainian and Russian language. The duration of the course is 2 years. The degree awarded is bachelor of dental orthopaedic.
POST GRADUATE STUDIES
The Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University offers post graduate studies in all medical fields. The duration of the study is 2-3 years.
|Fees for Session|
|The Study Fees for 2013-14 Academic Year Ivano-Frankivsk National Medical University|
|Other costs for International Students payable once at time of Admission|
|Issue of Letter of invitation – $ 250
Airport pick up – $ 250
Documentation & processing – $ 1000
Visa processing, legalization, translation and other costs are payable to the Embassy and to the agent doing the visa and admission work is extra, as applicable.
|Fees are quoted in US $ and are payable in the local currency – Hryvnia (UAH) using the applicable exchange rate of the National Bank of Ukraine.|
|Tuition Fee Contract|
|Students sign a contract with the University for the duration of the course. The fee amount is specified in US $ and it will not change over the duration of the course.|
|Hostel Admission & Cost|
|Admission to a Course in the University does not guarantee a bed in the Hostel. There are limited Hostel beds. Students are advised to arrive in Ukraine early to get a seat in the Hostel. Students sign an annual contract for the Hostel which is renewed each year. The current cost of the hostel is US $ 750 per annum.|
|There are no scholarships available for international students|