At UAB, we're training the next generation of physicians and physician-scientists, answering basic scientific questions that lead to medical innovations and bringing the best medical care to bear for our patients.
UAB is an integral part of Birmingham and the region, and Birmingham is integral to UAB. The Birmingham campus is within walking distance of some of the best parks, entertainment and dining in the region. Our regional campuses—in Huntsville, Montgomery and Tuscaloosa—expand our academic reach and responsibilities, helping educate physicians in rural and underserved areas of the state.
The School of Medicine has more than 750 students, 950 residents and 1,400 full-time faculty in 26 academic departments. We are the home of The Kirklin Clinic, a multi-disciplinary medical home; University Hospital, one of the largest academic hospitals in the country; and our faculty serve the Children's of Alabama hospital.
As a medical student at UAB you will see patients your very first day. A Clinical Skills Scholar, chosen from the faculty for their dedication to educating students, will mentor you through your first two years. Cutting-edge simulation and live, standardized patients will augment classroom instruction by some of the most productive faculty in the country. You will also have opportunities to work with UAB faculty in the Birmingham VA Medical Center and at Children's of Alabama's Benjamin Russell Hospital for Children, both of which are connected by walkways to School of Medicine buildings.
Interested in living and studying in the heart of the Little Big City? UAB and Birmingham has a lot to offer. Check out the admission page.
We know you have a busy schedule. That's why we have all of your resources, quick links and more organized for you.
2. Non-criminal record
3. Non-Chinese citizen
4. Minimum with an educational background equal to high school graduation in China.
5. Language: valid TOEFL or IELTS scores– minimum 93 /237 / 580 for TOEFL, or 6.0 for IELTS, or certificates that can prove the applicant’s English language proficiency.
1. Photocopy of valid passport
2. Passport photo
3. High school academic transcript
4. High school graduate certificate
More than 1,300 full-time faculty, 1,200 interns, residents and fellows, and 2,200 staff work in the School of Medicine. UAB is the largest single employer in Alabama, and Birmingham is quickly becoming known for its progressive urban development and an affordable, high quality of life.
An important part of the school's strategic plan, AMC 21, calls for recruiting more faculty, especially mid-career, NIH-funded physicians and scientists, and many departments have expanded significantly since 2011.
Faculty are attracted to UAB for our world-class facilities, entrepreneurial spirit and an environment that encourages and fosters collaboration, as evidenced by University Wide Interdisciplinary Research Centers, and the opportunity to care for patients with a vast array of medical disorders.
The duration of the internship is one year (at least 48 weeks). The location and tuition fee for the internship is to be determined. Tongji University has 5 affiliated hospitals: Tongji hospital, Shanghai No. 10 People’s Hospital, East Hospital, Shanghai Pulmonary Hospital, and Shanghai First Maternity and Infant Health Hospital. They are all hospitals of top level and have 4,443 beds altogether.
And, students have to take the final examination on Theory Test and Clinical Evaluation in Tongji University before graduation.
After obtaining MBBS Degree, the graduates can apply to take the medical licensing examination in the medical council in order to get registered and practice medicine. According to the regulations in different countries, the students may need to do the degree accreditation first. A MBBS degree holder can find jobs in government as well as private hospitals, nursing homes and other health facilities. Except this, one can also start his own clinic or pursue study for master’s degree.
Roots Education provides two kinds of application methods for international candidates to study English medium MBBS programs at China’s universities. They can choose the quick and convenient online application system or the traditional offline application route-Apply via Email.
To complete the online application process, you need to follow the four main sections below:
1. Click ‘Apply Now’ button on this page and login, if didn’t have the account, register first.
2. Fill out the online application form with real and correct informaiton, including personal information, education background, language proficiency, etc.
If you’re not sure how to fill out the form, please check if there are any instructions behind the blank.
3. Upload the required application materials
Please upload photocopies of required application materials according to the university’s admissions criteria.
All the materials should be MS-Word (.doc), Adobe PDF (.pdf) documents, image files (.gif, .jpg), or compression files (.rar, .zip). Each file cannot exceed 8 MB (megabytes)
4. Make payment
Students who choose Western Union or Bank transfer as their payment method need to upload the payment receipt after you wire the money at the post office or bank.
5. Submit application
Please submit your application once the application fee is confirmed by Roots Education. To submit your application, please access My Roots Education-> My Applications by logging in Roots Education, click ‘Continue’ at ‘Application Status’ column, and go to the ‘Submit Application’ section. You will see a big ‘Submit’ button. Click the button and your application will be sent directly to the university.
Once you’ve submitted your application, please wait 2-4 weeks for the university to process your application. Once the university has made a decision, Roots Education will notify you by email. You can also track your application status by logging into your Roots Education account.
The steps for ‘Apply via Email’ are as follows:
1. Choose a MBBS program；
2. Click “Apply via Email” to download the fillable application form and documents;
3. Open forms in MS Word and fill in required information electronically, please make sure the information is accurate and correct to receive your JW 202 form;
4. Send us the completed form and other required application materials;
5. Pay the Application Fee and Roots Education Processing Fee, keep the receipt;
6. Send us the copy of receipt, and the school will process your application once receiving your bank receipt;
7. Check your application process via email periodically, and track with your admission status;
8. Wait for your admission notice from Roots Education within 5 workdays, and the JW 202 form will send to you in 2-6 weeks;
Email Address for MBBS Application: email@example.com