Albany Medical Center is northeastern New York’s only academic health sciences center and is one of the largest private employers in the Capital Region.
It incorporates the 734-bed Albany Medical Center Hospital, which offers the widest range of medical and surgical services in the region, and the Albany Medical College, which trains the next generation of doctors, scientists and other healthcare professionals, and which also includes a biomedical research enterprise and the region’s largest physicians practice with more than 450 doctors. Albany Medical Center works with dozens of community partners to improve the region’s health and quality of life.
This program consists of study of basic medicine, clinical medicine and preventive medicine and requires the students of 1-year clinical training. Students who pass the graduation exam (including exam on medical knowledge and exam on clinical skills) will be granted the bachelor’s degree of medicine. The program aims at producing clinicians who have sound professional integrity, solid ground of basic medicine and systematic knowledge of clinical medicine and have acquired basic clinical skills as well as the ability to deal with problems in clinical settings.
The students should complete 203.5 credits, among which premed pubic courses are 26.5 credits, basic medical courses 48.5 credits and clinical medical courses 54.5 credits. The clinical rotation makes 74 credits.
2. Non-criminal record
3. Non-Chinese citizen
4. Minimum with an educational background equal to high school graduation in China.
5. Language: valid TOEFL or IELTS scores– minimum 93 /237 / 580 for TOEFL, or 6.0 for IELTS, or certificates that can prove the applicant’s English language proficiency.
1. Photocopy of valid passport
2. Passport photo
3. High school academic transcript
4. High school graduate certificate
Albany Medical Center (consisting of Albany Medical Center Hospital and Albany Medical College) is proud to offer a campus that is safe and accessible for all students, faculty, staff and visitors.
Commitment to safety is our highest priority, and helping to support this effort is Albany Medical Center’s Security Services —a dedicated team of highly trained security officers who are ready and able to respond to emergencies 24-hours a day, seven days a week.
From a “shuttle you home” service to the ability to alert staff and students of an emergency within seconds, Albany Medical Center puts safety first. Learn how…
The duration of the internship is one year (at least 48 weeks). The location and tuition fee for the internship is to be determined. Tongji University has 5 affiliated hospitals: Tongji hospital, Shanghai No. 10 People’s Hospital, East Hospital, Shanghai Pulmonary Hospital, and Shanghai First Maternity and Infant Health Hospital. They are all hospitals of top level and have 4,443 beds altogether.
And, students have to take the final examination on Theory Test and Clinical Evaluation in Tongji University before graduation.
After obtaining MBBS Degree, the graduates can apply to take the medical licensing examination in the medical council in order to get registered and practice medicine. According to the regulations in different countries, the students may need to do the degree accreditation first. A MBBS degree holder can find jobs in government as well as private hospitals, nursing homes and other health facilities. Except this, one can also start his own clinic or pursue study for master’s degree.
Roots Education provides two kinds of application methods for international candidates to study English medium MBBS programs at China’s universities. They can choose the quick and convenient online application system or the traditional offline application route-Apply via Email.
To complete the online application process, you need to follow the four main sections below:
1. Click ‘Apply Now’ button on this page and login, if didn’t have the account, register first.
2. Fill out the online application form with real and correct informaiton, including personal information, education background, language proficiency, etc.
If you’re not sure how to fill out the form, please check if there are any instructions behind the blank.
3. Upload the required application materials
Please upload photocopies of required application materials according to the university’s admissions criteria.
All the materials should be MS-Word (.doc), Adobe PDF (.pdf) documents, image files (.gif, .jpg), or compression files (.rar, .zip). Each file cannot exceed 8 MB (megabytes)
4. Make payment
Students who choose Western Union or Bank transfer as their payment method need to upload the payment receipt after you wire the money at the post office or bank.
5. Submit application
Please submit your application once the application fee is confirmed by Roots Education. To submit your application, please access My Roots Education-> My Applications by logging in Roots Education, click ‘Continue’ at ‘Application Status’ column, and go to the ‘Submit Application’ section. You will see a big ‘Submit’ button. Click the button and your application will be sent directly to the university.
Once you’ve submitted your application, please wait 2-4 weeks for the university to process your application. Once the university has made a decision, Roots Education will notify you by email. You can also track your application status by logging into your Roots Education account.
The steps for ‘Apply via Email’ are as follows:
1. Choose a MBBS program；
2. Click “Apply via Email” to download the fillable application form and documents;
3. Open forms in MS Word and fill in required information electronically, please make sure the information is accurate and correct to receive your JW 202 form;
4. Send us the completed form and other required application materials;
5. Pay the Application Fee and Roots Education Processing Fee, keep the receipt;
6. Send us the copy of receipt, and the school will process your application once receiving your bank receipt;
7. Check your application process via email periodically, and track with your admission status;
8. Wait for your admission notice from Roots Education within 5 workdays, and the JW 202 form will send to you in 2-6 weeks;
Email Address for MBBS Application: firstname.lastname@example.org